The story begins just before 1790 at No. 11 St. James’s Street where Harris’s Apothecary set up shop. Over the next fifty years the family established a reputation selling Lavender Water, Classic Cologne and English Flower perfumes to this fashionable quarter of London.
One of the proprietors, Henry Harris, was a surgeon, while Daniel Rotely (D. R.) was an early Pharmaceutical Chemist.
For over two centuries this family business in the center of men’s Clubland has served the gentry and the court of St. James’s and in 1938 was awarded the warrant as chemists to her Majesty The Queen. In 2002 they were also appointed as Chemists to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
Today they continue to adapt with the times, and their fine selection of soaps, shaving creams, aftershaves, colognes, skincare products and much more appeal to those who appreciate quality and distinction the world over.